Monday 9 September 2013

Fave Products

I am a bit particular when it comes to trying out new products so I make sure I research everything I can find on a product before I put it in my hair. I tend to lean more towards natural products as they seem to work better for my hair. I have been using the same products for a while now and they are working quite well.

Shampoo – My favourite shampoo is Shea Moisture, Moisture retention Shampoo. This is an all natural shampoo with no harsh chemicals. I like this shampoo because it cleans my hair without making it feel like hay. To make it less harsh and last longer, I put a bit of the shampoo into a spray bottle and top it up with some water. This enables me to distribute the product effectively to my scalp and stops me from wasting it. Price – approximately £12.

When I want to clarify my hair (deep clean) I use apple cider vinegar mixed with water. I am going to do a separate post on apple cider vinegar, but it is very good and getting rid of all the gunk in your hair that a milder shampoo might miss. I do this every 4 weeks. Price – approximately £8.

Deep conditioner – I am in love with Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose. It is a thick all natural conditioner that makes my hair feel soft and moisturised. I make it even more effective by adding in extra virgin olive oil, jojoba oil, honey and any conditioner that I wasn’t a fan of. Price - £11-12.

My second favourite deep conditioner is Aubrey Organics GPB conditioner. It doesn’t make my hair as soft as the honeysuckle rose, but it is what I use when I need a protein fix.

Conditioner – My favourite conditioner is Shea Moisture Restorative Conditioner. This puts that much needed moisture back into the hair after shampooing and makes it nice and soft. I usually leave this in for about 5 minutes and rinse it lightly. Price – approximately £12.

Leave in/ Moisturiser - My leave in is my rinse out conditioner so I just put a touch more in when my hair is damp. If I had to choose, I would say it works better as a leave in because the softness stays in.

Butter – My all time favourite butter is my handmade Luxury Hair Butter. This is made with shea butter and a blend of oils that do wonders. It makes my hair extremely soft and locks in all the moisture without making the hair greasy. Price £9

Oils – I think my favourite oil at the moment is jojoba oil. It is light, but does an excellent job at locking in the moisture. If my hair needs a heavier oil, I will use castor oil, but usually use this only on the ends.

Stylers – I try not to use gels or holding creams too much, but if the occasion calls for it then I will use Hairveda Red Tea Stronger Hold SoufflĂ©. It has a light texture that dries hard and does not flake. Price - £6.95. At some point in the future, I plan to make flaxseed gel and when I do, I will let you know how it goes.

Hope that helped!

No comments:

Post a Comment